Ron Brown (wide receiver)
|No. 89, 24, 81|
|Born:||March 31, 1961|
Los Angeles, California
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||181 lb (82 kg)|
|High school:||Baldwin Park (CA)|
|NFL Draft:||1983 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41|
(by the Cleveland Browns)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR|
Ronald James Brown (born March 31, 1961) is an American former athlete and American football wide receiver, winner of the gold medal in the 4 × 100 metres relay at the 1984 Summer Olympics. He went to Arizona State University.
After the Olympics, Brown joined the Los Angeles Rams and played there until 1989 when he moved to the Los Angeles Raiders in 1990. Brown ended his football career after the 1991 season, when he played again for the Los Angeles Rams. Brown played high school football at powerhouse Baldwin Park High School in Baldwin Park, California until his senior year. He then moved to Northern California and played for Northgate High School in Walnut Creek.
Track and field
|Olympic medal record|
|Representing the United States|
|1984 Los Angeles||4 × 100 m relay|
Brown was also a track star, he ran the second leg in the 4 × 100 metres relay team that won the gold medal and set the world record in the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, with a time of 37.83 seconds.
|60 meters||6.64||Tokyo, Japan||March 10, 1984|
|100 meters||10.01||Eugene, Oregon||April 24, 1983|
|200 meters||20.44||Eugene, Oregon||June 4, 1983|
- "1983 Cleveland Browns". databaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on February 25, 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- "A year ago, Ron Brown turned down a multi-million..." UPI. August 17, 1984.
- Metcalfe, Jeff (July 30, 2014). "ASU's Ron Brown preferred track to football, leading to 1984 Olympic gold". Azcentral Sports.
- "Rams". Los Angeles Times. November 13, 1986. p. 129. Retrieved April 18, 2018 – via newspapers.com.
- "Ram IT (NFL Rams Football Team) Song". Retrieved April 17, 2018 – via YouTube.