Category:History of Zimbabwe
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of Zimbabwe.|
This category includes articles on the history of Zimbabwe, a sovereign state in southern Africa.
The country has been officially called Zimbabwe since 1980, when its name was formally changed from Southern Rhodesia, the name given to it by the British South Africa Company in 1895. Southern Rhodesia was often simply called Rhodesia, particularly between 1964 and 1980. The name Zimbabwe Rhodesia was briefly used in 1979. For articles relevant to the country's history between 1890 and 1980, see also Category:Rhodesia and Category:History of Rhodesia.
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Historians of Zimbabwe (9 P)
- ► Archaeology of Zimbabwe (1 C)
- ► Jewish Zimbabwean history (4 P)
- ► Massacres in Zimbabwe (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Philately of Zimbabwe (5 P)
- ► Terrorism in Zimbabwe (2 C, 2 P)
- ► Zimbabwe history stubs (69 P)
Pages in category "History of Zimbabwe"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).