|Part of a series on|
|Nordic M-L Movement|
In 1968 the Copenhagen-based Faroese association Oyggjaframi had founded a branch in Tórshavn. Whilst the Copenhagen branch continued to function as a broad socialist discussion club, a tendency emerged within the Tórshavn branch calling for the building of a communist party on the basis of Marxism-Leninism-Mao Tse-Tung Thought. At the Oyggjaframi congress in 1972 the organization was split, with the Copenhagen branch continuing to function as Faroese Socialists and the Tórshavn branch constituting OFML.
As of 1975, Hermann Oskarsson was chairman of OFML. The 1975 congress of OFML adopted 5 slogans outlining the priorities of the organization;
- Studies as the central activity
- Consolidate and expand democratic centralism
- Strike roots in the working class
- Lead the popular movement against the EEC
- Publish a communist workers newspaper
Initially OF(m-l) took part in the Nordic cooperation of Marxist-Leninist parties that included Arbeidernes Kommunistparti of Norway, Kommunistiska Förbundet Marxist-Leninisterna of Sweden, Kommunistisk Arbejderparti of Denmark, Marxist-Leninist Groups of Finland, and Einingarsamtök Kommúnista (marx-lenínistar) of Iceland. When the Sino-Albanian split occurred, OFML and EIK(ml) followed the People's Republic of Albania.
During its last years, OFML kept close contacts with the pro-Albanian Danish Danmarks Kommunistiske Parti/Marxister-Leninister.
- Der Kommunist - Kommunisti - Kommunisten. No. 5. Føroyar
- Verkalýðsblaðið - 6og7. Tölublað (01.07.1976). OFML
- Verkalýðsblaðið - 5. Tölublað (01.05.1976). BARATTA ISLANDS ER FORDAEMI
- Verkalýðsblaðið - 4. Tölublað (19.04.1977). Blöð Norrænna marx-lenínista
- Verkalýðsblaðið - 8. Tölublað (01.05.1978). Annall Flokksbyggingar